Who am I?
Prince Henry; Son of Henry Bolingbroke that is now King Henry IV of England. I'm rebellious. I know what is expected of me, but I choose to turn from the acceptable path. I spend my days at the local pub with my friends, against the wishes of my father. I'm a white male of 19 years of age, that has enjoyed the finer portions of life thanks to my father's money and title. I'm a Christian, I guess. I understand that there is a God, somewhere. But it is not my biggest concern whether I please him or not. (I mean, a great number of the things I do are not even socially acceptable, let alone acceptable in the eyes of God) I am next in line for the throne, but besides that I hold no responsibilities.
What Time is It?
Fall of a year in the late 14th century. It's almost time to become more mature, and to prepare myself for becoming King. It's war time for most of the people of the land, and that includes me on occasion. But it also time to be merry and drink and laugh in my opinion.
Where am I?
England. The court of my father for part of the day some days. If i'm not there, I'm either at the local pub with Falstaff and the rest of the thieves, or off experiencing the world (aka taking the purses of the dumb-witted people of the land)
What Surrounds Me
An air of self confidence surrounds me. I know I'm important and I like to show it off. My friends surround me and give my life a sense of fun and happiness. But then at the same time the feeling of expectation, the feeling that everyone expects me to amount to something great surrounds me. And it weighs me down.
What are my given circumstances?
There is a war going on; my father and his kingdom are being attacked by the very same men who helped my father come to the throne. I am expected to fight for my father's army and become a king later in my life time. I have a group of friends that leads me into a not-so-princelike life style, in particular an older gentleman who is beginning to get on my nerves with his utter disregard for everything important. I will either live and grow up to take control of my kingdom, or stay and pretend to still be a child and die.
What is my relationship?
I have a close group of friends (drunkards) who all seem to very much enjoy my company. I am the authority figure who is able to have fun, which is an entirely new concept to most people. I have one very close friend in particular, whose name is Falstaff. He has become a father figure to me. He is more the image of a father that I would want to have in my life, rather than the father I have now. He is fun and makes me feel like I'm intelligent and have a purpose, instead of how my real father treats me. I am constantly being pressured into maintaining a certain image by him and every conversation I have with him ends in him some how demeaning me. My relationship to the kingdom is that I am the next in line for the throne. My relationship to Hotspur and the other enemies of the state is that they believe me to be a pompous ass, but I pay no regard to it, for I could best them on the battlefield anyday.
What Do I want?
To be respected by my father in the near future. In the long run I wish to rule a happy kingdom well, and be respected by the all the people of the land.
What is my obstacle?
The father thinks I'm a low life drunk, and instead of spending my days acting like a prince I lay around drinking and whoring.
How am I going to get what I want?
I'm going to ditch my friends that are dragging me into this hole of bile. I'm then going to act like the true heir to the throne I am and go and fight in the war like my father wants me to. I will win the war and gain the respect of my father and my enemies.
How will I know when I have it?
When my father looks me in the eye and is happy to have me as his son and his successor.
I'll add more later I believe :)
No comments:
Post a Comment