So today was very interesting.
To start with, I KNEW where the parking garage was AND I walked to the theatre on time. WINNER!
When I heard a voice teacher from Elon was coming, I was expecting someone who was going to do breathing (obviously), but I thought it was also going to be vocal strengthening exercises.
I was really quite shocked as to what we actually did. Which was laying around for forever discovering how breathing moves in our bodies. I know it is helpful, but at the same time I felt like i was taking a highly structured nap. Which isn't always a bad thing... but for someone who has done marching band, band ensembles, choir AND singing... it felt redundant after the first ten minutes. I felt like Ian had covered deep breathing yesterday.
and the giving up the head thing was interesting. I did "give up" my head, but when it was over, my neck/shoulders were still as sore as they had ever been. and the tremors in my legs didn't help relieve any of that either. maybe i'm just broken!
but looking around at everyone with the weird zen/asian music and the bright towels... and the noodles... it looked like a Hippie birthing class.
I mean, whatever floats your boat.
And i did find the parking deck again after class and had a fine drive back home :)
a tout a'lheure !
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment