Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hotspur-- the only character Jake could possibly play.

As the title implies, I am Jake, and I'm playing the role of Hotspur. If I start a fight or grab you innappropriately, I'm just getting into character, so don't worry.
First off, I'd like to say thank you to the entire cast for making this such an enjoyable experience so far. Everyone is extremely friendly while still being focused on the work. It's a great combination, and I'm really excited to see what comes out of this ensemble.
Well, as for day two, things went amazingly. Nobody died... and.... yeah.

Haha, but seriously, things went great today. The breathing exercizes were fun and taught me a lot about how I need to focus more on my breath rather than simply expecting my voice to come out the way I want it to. Lunch was fun, and everyone seemed to really get along.
After lunch, the script reading wasn't nearly as dull as I thought it would be. I actually enjoyed getting a closer look into the mind of my character. After that, the blocking seemed pretty quick and painless.
I'm really looking forward to what Ian has in store for us for the rest of the camp. The days are just flying by! The only worry I have is that I won't be able to memorize my lines in time. But, so long as I'm the one killed in the random selection before opening night, it shouldn't be a problem.

Special shotouts to my harmonizing buddy, Rachel; my alter ego, Savannah; my crazy director who does interpretive dances about Shakespeare, Ian; my friend that I think I scare beyond belief, Hayley; and finally, my carpooling buddy, Caroline.


And now.... INSIDE JOKE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If you're that small, you're not a person"

"You're like that party nobody shows up to.
Of course not, they have all of the booze!"

"Hotspur; American diva."
"I'm Hotspur you!"
"Because I'm Hotspur, dammit!"

"Do you wear... feet?"

"Wait, which one's a which?"
"A what?"




I look forward to creating many more memories and awkward moments with you all.

Forever yours,
Jake McHugh

No comments:

Post a Comment